Monday 1 July 2013

Outdoor Fashion Shoot Style Tips And Fabulous Hong Kong Tim Sum!

As we were really satisfied with the outcome of the first "Mix and Match" outdoor fashion shoots done recently, we decided to do another one! We hope these pictures serve as interesting styling tips for all our lovely readers :).

First Style - Back To School


Polka Pink Streak Dress in White from Lace And Buttons
Earrings is a gift
Black Cardigan is from Far East Plaza
Rainbow Bucket Bag from Lace And Buttons




I know I am probably past the age of going back to school, but I really do so enjoy dressing the part! I wish I had been more fashionable during my schooling days which may have helped me make the correct decision to join the fashion industry earlier... nevertheless, better later than never :)!  I really love this look as I am a great fan of monochrome which is both versatile and classy. I thought the colorful bucket bag really makes the whole ensemble stands out by adding a cheerful vibe to the look thus making it perfect for school or a casual day out!

Second Style - Girl Next Door 


 Canvas Floral Dress from Lace And Buttons
Blue Jacket from Far East Plaza
High Heels from City Square, JB




I love how the high heels matches so well with the dress, as if they were meant to be a set all along! I believe this look is great for all the romantics at heart who at the same time, like that extra "wow" factor. This combination speaks, "I am a lady but one who has a bold and adventurous spirit"!

After the shoot, we went to Chinatown for Dim Sum! Apart from Sashimi, Hong Kong Dim Sum is what I always crave to have as comfort food whenever I felt that I have accomplished a project or some sort of  physical work :).

The restaurant was packed on the Saturday night we visited


Pork Ball Congee
Custard Bun
Roast Pork/ Char Siew Puff
Bean Curd Skin Roll
Prawn Dumpling
 Fins Dumpling
Claypot Egg Toufu/Beancurd
Bernard and I used to frequent Tak Po Chinese Restaurant quite often as we worked in Chinatown last time and it has remained to be one of our favorite place to have dim sum ever since. The selection of dim sum is reasonably wide and the taste is one of the best in our opinion, considering that the price is very affordable (starting from $2plus per steam basket) compared to many other Chinese restaurant serving dim sum in shopping malls.  In particular, I love their congee which is really smooth and delicious! All the other dishes are really tasty too and definitely as good as those served in high end Chinese restaurants!

Tak Po Dim Sum Restaurant
42 Smith St, Singapore 058954 
Operation Hours 7am - 10.30pm



No comments:

Post a Comment