Friday 12 July 2013

Hainanese Chicken Chop at The Owl Cafe

Thought I will just do a quick blog post on one of the restaurants I have visited a few week ago at The Star Vista. I know I have been blogging a lot about the restaurants there but I really can't help it as I simply love the environment there! Both my girlfriends and I felt that The Star Vista is somewhat like Clarke Quay, just that it is nested in the West area. For me, this mall is a perfect place to hang out due to its proximity to where I live as well as its alfresco architectural style which is very appealing for me :)!

Out of the many restaurants at The Star Vista, the one that I have really wanted to visit is The Owl Cafe located on the second story. The reason is because this restaurant looks very homey and comfortable, with an affordable range of dishes offered on its menu. Also, I have never seen this restaurant anywhere else so I was very interested to find out more about it.

Main entrance to the Owl Cafe

Wooden style decorations injected with some fun and creativity in the overall design
And here comes the food we ordered:
Assam Mango Chicken with Rice
Hainanese Chicken Chop (Comes With Rice)
The "Owl" Coffee and Tea

To be honest, the food and drinks looked really palatable but in reality, the taste on the overall is just average, probably a 3 star our of 5. Although the chicken chops were deep fried very well and the sambal chilli was delicious, I think that the marination can be improved as I find the chicken a little bland. The drinks were quite thick but the aftertaste is a bit strong for me. Despite these, I do really like the environment and as the price is quite reasonable, I am willing to visit this restaurant again now and then. 

To end off, here are some pictures of my outfit of the day:


 Outerwear from Bangkok
Red Tie-able Tube Top from Lace And Buttons
Pants from GG<5





The Owl Cafe
The Star Vista Mall,
Buona Vista
#02-10/11


No comments:

Post a Comment