Tuesday 30 July 2013

Casual French Dining at Poulet!

Time flies and it has been about two months since I visited Poulet (pronounce as Poo-Lay, meaning chicken in French), a casual French dining restaurant located at Bugis+. I never had much interest in French cuisine as my impression was that the food is extremely expensive and may be too exotic for my liking ; for instance, the thought of eating snails (escargot) is just not appealing to me. However, about half a year ago, Bernard and I decided to give the food at Poulet a try as we observed a long queue outside the restaurant which to us, implied that the food should be quite decent. Although we liked the food at Poulet, it was only when my friend suggested to meet up there that we visited the restaurant once again, this time to celebrate my girlfriend's belated birthday.





And here are the close up pictures of the food:

lberico Pork Belly with French Mustard, $15.80++

Poulet Roti (Roast Chicken), 28.80++
Bernard and I loved the pork belly! Although the portion is surprisingly small, the taste was fabulous with every bite melting in our mouth! This is probably the best pork belly I have ever tried though I must say the price is quite expensive for such a small serving. The roast chicken was really good too as the meat was very tender. However, what make this famous dish at Poulet really delicious is the chardonnay sauce that comes with it! The sauce tasted like a special concoction of western style mushroom soup, with a light yet creamy flavor that goes very well with the well roasted chicken.

And here comes dessert:

Tiramisu
As you can see from the picture, the tiramisu is uniquely served in a glass container with a thick layer of coffee powder on it. The taste is as special as its presentation; unlike the normal tiramisu cakes served in cafes, Poulet's version of the tiramisu is extremely rich, soft and creamy. An interesting deviation from the usual and worth a try if you are looking for something different. At first bite, I nearly choked on the coffee powder and you may want to take note of this.

The restaurant was very crowded and warm on the day we visited so the ambience was not as good as we hoped. Overall, the experience was good as both the food and the company was fantastic :).

Poulet 
Bugis+ Shopping Mall
201 Victoria St #04-12


No comments:

Post a Comment