Friday 20 July 2012

Great Finds At Johor Bahru!

I used to visit Johor Bahru (JB) with my family when I was much younger. My impression of this neighboring state is not that great mainly because we always ended up doing grocery shopping in one of the supermarkets, which is really not that exciting for me. After all, I was in my adolescence and what I really care about at that age was to look at pretty things associated with fashion and what nots.

As an adult, my impression of JB has changed completely. I don't have to do grocery shopping with my parents anymore and can explore the shopping malls at my own leisure. I particularly love shopping for shoes at JB as I really adore the trendy designs, superb quality and affordable prices (due to the exchange rate)! I have bought a number of shoes from City Square Mall located within a stone's throw from the JB customs and this is one of my favorite designs.

I love how the five gorgeous contrasting colors are matched so ingeniously in this pair of heels to draw pleasantly positive attention! I also love how the straps intertwined to make my feet look so sexy (if I may said so) and slim.The straps and heels are quite chunky and really add to that edgy vibe which totally blew me away!

I seldom buy apparels from JB as I find that clothes are generally more fashionable in Singapore. However, I did recently bought a pastel pink hi-low skirt from one of the boutiques at City Square.


I like the asymmetrical layering effects which make the skirt design quite unique and feminine. Thought it matches perfectly with the Asymmetrical Cool Floral Top from my online shop!   

Apart from shoes' hunting, great food is another factor that attracts me to visit JB. My hubby and I found a place for really yummy curry fishhead at a reasonable price:

Kam Long Restaurant (more like an eatery) is always crowded on a weekend during lunch hour and you have to be prepared to share tables with other hungry customers if you are in a smaller group. Doesn't really bother us as we simply love the food!


The aromatic and sumptuous curry is cooked in a claypot to keep the favors in. Expect thick, succulent flesh from the fish head and lots of vegetables in each claypot. The tasty fried bean curd skin that makes up part of the vegetable combo is definitely an added bonus to this Asian dish! The owners are the 2nd generation cooks of the yummy dish.

So if you love shoes and great food, why not consider a trip to JB? You may be pleasantly surprise by what you find there. 




No comments:

Post a Comment