Friday 13 July 2012

The Amazing Spiderman With...Its Amazing Fashion!

Have you watched this summer blockbuster, "The Amazing Spider-Man"? I had and I really like it! I was actually quite reluctant to watch this movie as the previous version with Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst is still quite fresh in my mind and I thought it is really too soon to have a remake. Hubby was quite insistent on watching the movie though so I thought might as well give it a chance since movie tickets are quite cheap in JB (more about JB in another post).

As with most superhero movies of recent times, the effects are amazing and I believe most who has watched the movie will agree that it offers the audience a spectacular visual treat. What draws me most is the refreshing match of Andrew Garfield (as spider-man) and Emma Stone (as Gwen Stacey). Thought they look really cute together on-screen and find the great chemistry between them really enticing. 


I also really like the back-to-school style/academic looks portrayed so effortlessly by Emma Stone in the movie. I think there is an understated elegance in this kind of look that is girlish and demure at the same time. And this look can be so easily achieved! Just think along the line of cardigans, collared tops, basic pleated skirts or A-Line skirts with neutral solid colours. Add classic prints such as polka dots and stripes into the mix for more variety.

Emma Stone looking effortlessly stylish in a neutral colored ensemble of a basic cardigan and polka dot dress
 My versions of the back-to-school look, with more playfulness and vibrancy :

Model wears Crochet Polka Dot Collared Top, Princess Cardi with Stripes and Autumn Red Pleated Skirt with Belt. All from Lace And Buttons, www.laceandbuttons.com

The new Batman movie is coming soon and I am looking forward to it. Hope to see some great action and perhaps some inspiring fashion too!

No comments:

Post a Comment