Monday 14 January 2013

Just My Thoughts On Friendship

There is nothing better than catching up with close friends and otherwise, your loved ones.

Having stepped on the path of entrepreneurship some eleven months ago, my days have often been filled with a great deal of stress, disappointment that things are not moving as fast as expected and even anger with how my working partners are making matters more difficult than should be (more about this is another post).

Time to catch up with close friends and family then become a buffer against all these negativity, as I shared with them my life and poured out whatever stress I was going through. We are living in an age where it seems that work and money is all that matters, without which we fear that our standard of living will drop drastically, that we won't be able to have our own family, or provide the best for our children. It really does help to have a support group of some sort, so that we can keep in perspective that life is worth living and remind us to smell the roses in the air.

Just before Christmas, my husband and I catch up with a group of closed friends at Wan Chai Hong Kong cafe at Bugis. We do not meet each other often as we are all so busy and to arrange a time which fits in everybody's schedule can be quite challenging. As such, I really appreciate the time when we can get together and that is usually a few days before some significant holiday, like Christmas or Chinese New Year.

Great Catch-Up Session
Really glad to see that everybody is doing well, although we all have our fair share of problems. Thank you for being my friends and if you are reading this, please know that I really appreciate all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment