Tuesday 29 January 2013

A Beautiful Wedding At Malacca

I was invited to attend a wedding of one of my favorite girlfriends at Malacca a couple of weeks ago. As I have never been to Malacca before, I was quite excited about this trip and was really glad to have visited despite having a very serious cough at the time of my visit.

Upon arrival and after a short break, we went straight to the hotel which my girlfriend, Penny, was residing at before the wedding. Penny had to stay at a hotel as she is from Kuala Lumpur, but holding her wedding at Malacca since her husband is a native there.


Courtyard @ Heeren Hotel in Malacca
Courtyard @ Heeren is a quaint boutique hotel that is delightful beyond words. The intricate and beautiful architecture is infused with a strong cultural touch, combining Peranakan style with a modern twist. There are only fifteen rooms in this hotel and we are told to book one month in advance if we want to stay there for our next visit to avoid disappointment! All the rooms come with different designs so we are really interested to explore each and every room if we have a chance to do so in future.

As Penny's "sisters" (also know as Tze Mui's) for her wedding, two of my girlfriends and I arrived at the hotel early the next morning to join in the fun of the pre-arranged Chinese Wedding Door Games.

The groom at the farthest left
One of the games required the grooms' "brothers" or Hing Dai's to wear adult diapers with a character on each diaper. The characters joined together to make up a love expression in words
After a series of fun and hilarious games, the wedding ensemble finally make it to the bride's room. The groom professed his love for his bride outside the room





A kiss to seal the love between the couple

The lovely couple posing for the camera on the enchanting spiral staircase in the hotel room



Group photos with the "sisters" and "brothers" respectively
After a heart-warming, fun and joyous morning, we proceeded to St Peter's Church where the couple held their church wedding. This Church is worth mentioning as it is a historical building and the oldest church in Malaysia. It is built by the descendents of the Portuguese after religious freedom was proclaimed by the Dutch over Malacca in 1702.
 
A picture that reminds me of the time we spent in New Zealand, where the four of us took our undergraduate course. Taken inside St Peter's Church

The wedding march
One of the super cute flower boys
Group picture outside the Church
We really had a great time at the wedding and I wish with all my heart that all my girlfriends will find happiness in their marriage and relationships, as Penny has found after many years of courtship with her now, husband. Though there can be many ups and downs along the way, I have found from my own experience that marriage is a rewarding journey and at the end of the day, I believe that true bliss is when you can grow old together with your significant other and continue to love and hold each other till the very end.


More about my Malacca trip in the next article!




No comments:

Post a Comment