Thursday 24 May 2012

My Experience As A Buyer Host And Exhibitor At Blueprint

Before I started Lace And Buttons, I was no way close to being in the fashion business. Sure, I have several years of experience in communications and events, but definitely nothing related to fashion. To understand more about the fashion industry, I decided to volunteer as a buyer host for the Blueprint Trade-show held at Suntec City on 17 and 18 May 2012.

I was assigned to host two lovely ladies from Manila, Preachy and Maria. Both ladies are Assistant Vice President of Merchandising at Robinsons Philippines and it is really a pleasure of mine to guide them around the trade floor.While I was hosting the two ladies, I also have a great time coming to learn about many brands I have not heard before, ranging from eclectic accessories to French-inspired sleepwear.

Following the trade-show, I joined the Blueprint Emporium as an exhibitor on 19 and 20 May 2012. It was great fun as I finally got the opportunity to interact with many customers and supporters of Lace And Buttons. One disadvantage about running an online store is that we don't really get to see the customers face-to-face and there is a lost of personal touch :( ....Hence, we really value the opportunity to communicate with our customers at the event and it made us really happy to see our customers satisfied with their purchases :).

Lace And Buttons' Booth at the Blueprint Emporium from 19 -20 May 2012
Given the encouraging results, we will be looking out for more exciting events to take part in so that we can have more direct contacts with our supporters.

Thanks to all our customers for your support and we hope to see you again soon at our next event!

No comments:

Post a Comment