Tuesday 3 April 2012

What To Wear On A First Date?

Recently, I read a write-up on Her World (a female magazine in Singapore) sharing the views of what men have of women wearing certain clothes on a first date. In general, it seems that the men interviewed prefer women who wear clothes that are feminine, but not too sexy. Out of interest and curiosity, I checked with my husband whether it is true that most men share the same perspective and also get him to offer me his opinion of what he believes a good combination will be for a woman to wear on a first date. After some fun playing mix and match, here is what my husband came up with:

 Dress and earrings available at Lace And Buttons, www.laceandbuttons.com 
 Shoe and bag from Charles & Keith,  www.charleskeith.com

This is what my husband shares about the combination (in his own words):

"From a guy’s perspective, what we expect on the first date is for the girl to portray femininity. Dressing with femininity brings out all the positive traits that guys associate with girls, being sweet, cute, interesting, etc. And what better way to create that first impression than from the apparels a girl wears.

I have chosen this combination as what I will want to see from a girl on the first date.The dress makes the girl look approachable and fun to be with. At the same time, the shoes, earrings and clutch bag / wallet gives a touch of sophistication and maturity, making the guy interested to know her more as an individual.

If the style is too casual, like a combination of t-shirts and bermudas, it makes the whole date feel less significant. And it gives the guy a signal that the girl is not that interested."

I came up with a version of what I believe will be appropriate for a date as well:

Dress and earrings available at Lace And Buttons, www.laceandbuttons.com
Shoe and bag from Kate Spade,  www.katespade.com

I think this look reflects an out-going and vibrant personality that is feminine and pretty at the same time. The interplay of details such as ruffles, pleats and bold colors makes this combination stands out for me. I like the fact that the whole combination is not too over the top (as the dress and earrings are mono-color) but still likely to be interesting enough to trigger some positive attention from a date.

Will share more fashion tips in upcoming blogs so keep a look-out!


No comments:

Post a Comment